Sometimes you just need to get away. Over the weekend I did just that and spent a couple of nights visiting friends who live in the Southern Highlands. Whilst it’s only a 2 hour drive from Sydney, it’s amazing how quickly you can feel like you’re on a holiday far from home.
Beautiful landscapes, excellent food and wine, and long conversations late into the night with some of my oldest friends made it a very special weekend.
1. Woke up to this beautiful sight on Sunday morning in Bundanoon
2. Beautiful tomatoes grown by a neighbour of my friends
3. Pottering around the Village Pump Antiques, Exeter
4. Wine tasting at St Maur Wines, Exeter
5. The beautiful grounds of the Burrawang Hotel, Burrawang where we stopped for lunch